IT Officer (Learning Environment Services) in the Information Technology Services (ITS) (Ref.: 501812) (to commence as soon as possible, on a two-year fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
Applicants should possess a Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (IT) or a related discipline; a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; and good communication, customer service, and problem-solving skills. They should have good knowledge of and relevant experience in at least two of the following areas:
- PC (including Virtual PC, Windows and Mac) configuration, management and support
- PC laboratory management and PC software remote installation
- Network trouble-shooting
- Helpdesk service support
- Windows and Linux server administration and operations
- Video conference equipment and software management and support (preferably with experience in Microsoft Teams and Zoom and knowledge of different end-point devices)
- Classroom services management and support including audio-video equipment (preferably with hands-on experience in the operation of projection system and audio system)
- Learning commons management and services
- Programming (preferably in Java, Python, web applications, mobile applications, database applications)
- Web design (graphic and coding)
- Project management
Those with certification in ITIL, CTS, PRINCE2 and relevant experience in project management are preferred.
The appointee will work primarily on PC client services, learning environment facilities management, project management and collaboration in IT-related application systems development and operations (e.g. IoT, RFID, location information based, data analytics), and perform other duties as assigned.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until August 31, 2020, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.