The University of Hong Kong (HKU) is pleased to invite outstanding scholars to contribute to our thriving research agenda as well as to Hong Kong’s leading position in the region and beyond.
We will recruit 100 outstanding academics in emerging fields with potential for scientific and scholarly breakthroughs—above and beyond our existing recruitment programme—to join HKU as assistant, associate, or full professors, on tenure-track or with direct tenure.
This is an open-discipline call. Strategic recruitment areas in the Faculty of Architecture include the following:
- Smart Architecture/Facades
- Sustainable Architectural Design
- Environmental Design Science
- Sustainable Architectural Design Technology
- Smart Materials and Fabrication
- Architectural History and Theory
- Landscape Science and Technology
- Sustainable Landscape Design
- Property Technology (PropTech)
- Construction Management Technology
- Smart Buildings
- Urban Design Analytics and Data Science
- Healthy Cities, Health and Wellbeing
- Smart Cities and Future Cities
- Urban Simulation, Machine Learning and Geospatial Modelling
- Climate Change, Urban Resilience and Environmental Sustainability
- Urban and Regional Economics
- Innovative Governance, Entrepreneurship and Leadership
As a high-performing university with internationally recognised strong global connections, HKU offers a stimulating and supportive intellectual environment as well as a highly competitive remuneration and benefits package. Locally and in the region, there are many research collaboration and funding opportunities.
More information and application details are available at the campaign website: https://www.prof-scholars.hku.hk/. Interested applicants should apply online and provide a cover letter, curriculum vitae, research statement, teaching statement, 2 or 3 most significant research publications, and contact information for at least three references. Review of applications is ongoing and the search will continue until the positions are filled.