Applications are invited for appointment as Post-doctoral Fellow (several posts) in the Department of Real Estate and Construction (Ref.: 502878), to commence as soon as possible for one to two years, with the possibility of renewal.
Applicants should possess a Ph.D. degree. They should be outstanding and self-motivated researchers with a proven research track record and experience in the following:
- Internet of Things (IoT) - IoT sensing (Spatio-temporal data), hardware design and protocols, e.g., LoRaWAN/Nb-IoT, edge and fog computing, blockchain oracles protocols; or
- Blockchain - The theory and development of blockchain technology (3.0 and 4.0), distributed consensus and fault tolerance mechanisms, privacy-preserving information sharing, smart contract, and chain code (e.g., Hyperledger Fabric or EOS); or
- Open BIM - Open BIM standards, IFC semantics, BIM collaboration format (BCF), and IFC server. Preference will be given to those with BIM certificates; or
- Modular construction - Modular construction, supply chain management, offsite production quality control, logistics scheduling, on-site assembly; or
- Web BIM - Web BIM development, BIM and GIS integration, WebGL, JSON, Java servlet; or
- Web and Mobile Applications - Web service and mobile app development with Java, Kotlin, Object C, AR Kit, ARCore, SQL, Android SDK, C#, and HTML5.
The applicants should have demonstrated expertise in the research field relevant to the platform project on BIM, blockchain, IoT, and/or supply chain management in modular construction. They should also have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese, the ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team and external parties, including academics and industrial society.
The appointees will join iLab@HKUrbanLab, led by Professor Wilson W.S. Lu, to conduct research and development on BIM, blockchain, IoT, and/or supply chain management in modular construction.
Enquiries can be sent to Professor Wilson W.S. Lu (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org).
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online applications for the above post. Applicants should apply online with an up-to-date C.V. and two reference letters. Review of applications will commence as soon as possible and continue until January 15, 2021 (extended to February 15, 2021), or until the posts are filled, whichever is earlier.