Laboratory Manager (at the rank of Assistant Technical Manager) in the HKU-Pasteur Research Pole of the School of Public Health (Ref.: 504665) (to commence in January, 2022 on a one-year temporary basis or two-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance)
Applicants should possess an MPhil degree or above in science or related disciplines, with at least 3 years’ research experience. They should have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Mandarin), in addition to excellent communication, organizational and laboratory skills. Knowledge of safety procedures and standards for infectious disease laboratories would be an advantage.
The appointee will:
- manage BSL2 virus and cell culture laboratories;
- provide effective solutions to support research objectives and improve technical activities;
- establish and maintain a calibration program for testing equipment to ensure quality results;
- advise on technical procedures, techniques and equipment;
- train new personnel on the correct use of lab equipment;
- ensure conformance with specific operational standards and regulatory requirements;
- administer budgets, schedules, and supplies;
- compile and prepare reports setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations and conclusions; and
- provide support to the Co-Directors and the Administration Manager as necessary.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. The appointment on fixed terms will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme totalling up to 10% of basic salary.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start on August 5, 2021 and continue until September 30, 2021, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.