Work type: Full-time
Department: School of Public Health (22400)
Categories: Executive / Technical / Support
Laboratory Manager (at the rank of Assistant Technical Manager) in School of Public Health (Ref.: 507843) (to commence to commence as soon as possible on a one-year temporary basis or two-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance)
Applicants should possess an MPhil degree or above in science or related disciplines, with at least 3 years’ research experience. They should have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Mandarin), in addition to excellent communication, organizational and laboratory skills. Knowledge of safety procedures and standards for infectious disease laboratories would be an advantage.
The appointee will:
- provide safety training to new staff and safety refreshment courses to all staff;
- ensure conformance with lab operation standards and regulatory requirements;
- advise on technical procedures and techniques;
- manage lab equipment, facilities, inventory and obsolete systems;
- administer budgets, schedules and consumable supplies;
- arrange lab purchase and payment;
- coordinate, compile and prepare administrative reports and audits;
- serve as the point of contact in lab incidence; and
- provide support to lab users as necessary.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. The appointment on fixed terms will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme totalling up to 10% of basic salary.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will commence on August 19, 2021 and continue until September 30, 2021, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
Back to search results Apply now