Research Assistant I in the Department of Geography (Ref.:523301)
We now invite applications for Research Assistant I in the Department of Geography.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the collection, processing, and analysis of remote sensing data
- Organize databases and conduct data analysis
- Develop and implement high-performance computing and data storage solutions
- Collaborate with other team members on research projects and publications
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A Master's degree in Computer sciences, Remote sensing, Geography, Geoinformatics, or related disciplines
- Strong technical skills in managing massive spatial data on servers or computers
- Good knowledge of high-performance computing and data storage
- Ability to work in a team and contribute to research projects
- Commitment to work in the group for at least three years
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a 3-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits, and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries. Information about the Department can be obtained at https://www.geog.hku.hk.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online applications for the above positions. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until the positions are filled, or until December 31, 2023.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to
equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity, and transparency.