Manager (Procurement) (at the rank of Finance Manager)
Work type: Full-time
Department: Finance and Enterprises Office (60500)
Categories: Executive / Technical / Support
Manager (Procurement) (at the rank of Finance Manager) in the Finance and Enterprises Office (Ref.: 495706) (to commence as soon as possible, on a two-year fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
The FEO is looking for seasoned procurement professional(s) who will play a catalyst role in the Procurement Unit to transform and manage procurement for the University and its subsidiaries with an annual purchase value of HK$2 billion. Report to the Assistant Director (Head of Procurement), the appointees will lead one of the teams to undergo a major change from de-centralised procurement function to a more centralised approach as part of the transformational change under “SMARTER@HKU”, and manage assigned procurement categories to achieve overall management and service delivery objectives in alignment with the University’s procurement strategy.
The appointees will:
- contribute to define and implement procurement strategies; initiate, support and drive procurement and supplier management initiatives
- manages and optimise the categories according to the goals set by Head of Procurement
- be responsible for tactical and category-specific strategic procurement processes for the respective categories
- lead Category Supplier Portfolio Management and constantly drive category- specific objectives and realisation of savings by demand management / bundling
- benchmark category, elaborate and deepen the know-how about products, markets and suppliers inside the category, and continuously optimise procurement processes / systems and commodity (sub-category) portfolio
- drive standards and procedures development and implementation from and for the assigned categories
- provide market and supplier information & analysis; monitor the supply market and maintain a standardised reporting for the assigned categories
- manage end-to-end procurement process to be delivered within the target KPIs and advise users on procurement policies & procedures
- drive and lead tenders and manages RFQ for the assigned categories across Departments/Faculties
- practise supplier & risk management by identifying sourcing & supply risks and development of risk management initiatives and scenarios;
- be responsible for internal customer relationship management of his/her categories
- develop and execute internal marketing strategies for Procurement to develop overall maturity level of organisational understanding for Procurement.
Applicants should possess:
- a good bachelor’s degree in Purchasing/Supply Chain/Business or Engineering or a related field, and preferably with a professional qualification in Procurement (e.g. CIPS, CPSM, CPSD);
- minimun 10 years’ relevant procurement experience of which at least 5 years' post-qualification experience at managerial or supervisory level;
- extensive Procurement experience (proved in local and regional context) with “Strategic Category Management” experience of either category:
- corporate goods/services (including Travel)
- professional services (e.g. Legal / Audit / HR)
- IT hardware and services
- scientific/engineering equipment
- facility management services
- solid experience in category management organisation and deployment of procurement advanced levers;
- the ability to define and implement strategies within the agreed timeline;
- good project management skills with strong problem-solving and business acumen;
- very good understanding of governance and compliance in procurement, preferably in the public sector or a sizeable organization;
- strong communication and presentation skills; excellent personal and leadership skills with the ability to inspire, influence, build trust and respect among stakeholders and communicate with technical and non-technical personnel at multiple organisation levels of the University;
- good knowledge of business law and understanding of regulatory requirements;
- experience in leading in a small operational team being a definite advantage;
- knowledge of Procurement ERP with eProcurement/e-Sourcing systems being a plus;
- an excellent command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, with knowledge of Putonghua being an advantage; and
- proficiency in MS Office (including excellent data analysis) and Chinese word processing.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a written test and/or to deliver a presentation.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Closes June 2, 2019.
Back to search results Apply now