Laboratory Manager (at the rank of Executive Officer)
Work type: Full-time
Department: School of Public Health (22400)
Categories: Executive / Technical / Support
Laboratory Manager (at the rank of Executive Officer) in the HKU-Pasteur Research Pole of the School of Public Health (Ref.: 498556) (to commence in January 2020 on a one-year temporary basis or two-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance)
Applicants should possess a Master’s degree or above in science or related disciplines, with at least 3 years’ research experience in a laboratory. They should have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Mandarin), in addition to excellent communication, organizational and laboratory skills. Knowledge of laboratory safety procedures is highly preferred.
The appointee will perform the following duties:
- manage BSL2 virus and cell culture laboratories;
- assist in and supervise various research projects;
- perform lab experiments;
- provide effective solutions to support research objectives and improve technical activities;
- establish and maintain a calibration program for testing equipment to ensure quality results;
- advise on technical procedures, techniques and equipment;
- train new personnel on the correct use of lab equipment;
- ensure conformance with specific operational standards and regulatory requirements;
- administer budgets, schedules, and supplies;
- compile and prepare reports setting forth progress, adverse trends, and appropriate recommendations and conclusions; and
- provide support to the Co-Directors and the Administration Manager as necessary.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits. The appointment on fixed terms will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme totalling up to 10% of basic salary.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Closes September 30, 2019.
Back to search results Apply now