Assistant Officer (Procurement) (at the rank of Accounting Executive)
Work type: Full-time
Department: Finance and Enterprises Office (60500)
Categories: Executive / Technical / Support
Assistant Officer (Procurement) (at the rank of Accounting Executive) in the Finance and Enterprises Office (Ref.: 502630) (to commence as soon as possible, on a two-year fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
The Finance & Enterprises Office (FEO) of the University is looking for a procurement practitioner to join its procurement team.
- have a recognised Diploma/Degree preferably in Procurement or Supply Chain Management or related disciplines, with one year’s post-qualification procurement experience, preferably in public sector or sizeable organization;
- attain min. Level 2 in 5 subjects in HKDSEE including English Language, OR 5 passes in HKCEE including English (Syllabus B), OR equivalent;
- preferably be a member of professional body in Procurement and Supply Management (e.g., CIPS, CPSM, CPSD);
- have a good understanding in governance and compliance in public sector;
- have a good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese, with knowledge of Putonghua being an advantage;
- be proficient in MS Office and Chinese word processing, with experience in ERP (i.e., Oracle Purchasing) or eProcurement system an added advantage;
- possess good communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with technical and non-technical staff at different levels; and
- be self-motivated, well-organised and detail-oriented with good problem solving skills and the ability to work independently.
The appointee will:
- assist in the procurement and supply function;
- manage the assigned purchases by categories/departments and deliver procurement services within required timeline;
- carry out compliance checking on tender/quotation/ordering process, and advise users on procurement policies and procedures;
- work with internal departments/faculties to conduct sourcing, prepare or issue RFQ and conduct evaluation and award;
- process purchase orders, monitor delivery and quality of goods and services;
- conduct supplier database management and compile reports and analysis; and
- perform any projects / duties as assigned.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a written test.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until December 18, 2020, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
Back to search results Apply now