IT Officer in the Information Technology Services (Ref.: 503989) (to commence as soon as possible, on a two-year fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT) or a related discipline; a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; and good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills. They should have solid knowledge in some of the following areas:
- Program development on Linux/Unix/Windows OS;
- Automation tools such as shell script, Ansible and Robotic Process Automation;
- LAN/WiFi/WAN technologies;
- IoT technologies and applications (e.g. IoT sensors, IoT edge and gateway, IoT platform).
Those with the following knowledge or experience are preferred:
- LoRaWAN technologies,
- Data analytics and tools (e.g. Power BI, ELK),
- AI knowledge (e.g. prediction, anomaly detection),
- Location-based systems, IoT and Building Management System (BMS),
- IT Service Management (e.g. ITIL v3 and ITIL 4),
- Project Management (e.g. PRINCE2).
Fresh graduates with good calibre are also welcome to apply.
The appointee will work with network and systems colleagues completing primary tasks on the development and enhancement of IoT infrastructure on HKU campus as well as efficient delivery of university-wide web and network services.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until June 30, 2021, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.