IT Manager (Project Management) (holding the functional title of Project Manager) (2 posts) in the Information Technology Services (ITS) (Ref.: 508553) (to commence as soon as possible, on a three-year fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
ITS provides central IT services to support the University’s teaching, learning, research and administrative activities. ITS is transforming its organization to support the new strategic development and strategic adoption of new technologies. We are seeking high caliber candidates to support different services and new development. Information about ITS can be obtained at https://www.its.hku.hk/.
Applicants should possess a good Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or equivalent significant experience as a Project Manager within a large and complex organizational environment. They should have solid experiences in the following areas:
- leading Project Management Office for all IT-related projects, reporting and tracking project status, progress, issues and risks;
- determining and defining project scope, objectives, benefits and deliverables;
- estimating the resources needed to reach objectives and managing resources in an effective and efficient manner;
- preparing project plan and budget based on the scope of work and resource requirements;
- tracking project costs in order to meet budget;
- developing and managing detailed project schedules and work plans;
- providing project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress;
- managing contracts with vendors and suppliers by assigning tasks and communicating the expected deliverables;
- utilizing industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution;
- tracking and managing project issues and risks;
- monitoring progress and making adjustments when necessary;
- measuring project performance to identify areas for improvement.
They should also meet the following qualification requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information system, business, or a related field
- 5+ years of project management and related experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or PRINCE2 certification being an advantage
- proven ability to solve problems creatively
- strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- experience in seeing projects through the full life cycle
- excellent analytical skills
- strong interpersonal skills and being extremely resourceful
- strong communication skills for different levels of interactions
- proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
Those with less experience may be considered for appointment as IT Officer.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until October 25, 2021, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and
is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency