IT Officer (holding the functional title of IT Business Analyst) in the Information Technology Services (ITS) (Ref.: 508554) (to commence as soon as possible, on a two-year fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
ITS provides central IT services to support the University’s teaching, learning, research and administrative activities. ITS is transforming its organization to support the new strategic development and strategic adoption of new technologies. We are seeking high caliber candidates to support different services and new development. Information about ITS can be obtained at https://www.its.hku.hk/.
Applicants should possess a good Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or equivalent significant experience as an IT Business Analyst within a large and complex organizational environment. They should have solid experiences in the following areas:
- performing detailed business process analysis, analyzing business problems, identifying process improvement opportunities and recommending appropriate IT solutions;
- preparing and delivering a report of the findings to the management with comprehensive risk and impact assessment;
- gathering data and analyzing business and user needs;
- defining business requirements and discussing with stakeholders;
- analyzing, developing and streamlining business processes for IT project implementation;
- developing comprehensive end-to-end (E2E) test cases at the application and multi-application levels;
- working closely with project manager and project team for business and user requirement analysis activities.
They should also meet the following qualification requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, information system, business, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in business process design and user requirements analysis
- expert level in Microsoft Office applications
- excellent written and communication skills
- proficiency in data analysis
- experience in application implementation
- understanding of business functional areas or higher education business processes being preferred
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until October 25, 2021, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.