Web Developer/Application Developer (at the rank of IT Officer/IT Technician) in the Technology-Enriched Learning Initiative (TELI) (Ref: 508609) (to commence as soon as possible for one year, with possibility of renewal)
Applicants should have at least a Degree/Higher Diploma in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Software Engineering or related discipline, with proven work experience as a full-stack web developer. They are expected to be fluent in backend frameworks such as PHP/Node.js/Python and frontend frameworks such as Vue.js/React.js. Knowledge of continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD), code review, and software testing would be an advantage. They should also have good problem-solving skills, communication skills and the ability to work under tight schedules.
The appointees will be responsible for
- writing well-designed, testable, maintainable and efficient code of a learning management system
- working with researchers/instructors to refine specifications and requirements of the system
- preparing software documentation/guide of the system;
- working with team
- members such as instructional designer, UI/UX designer, game developer, frontend developer, and backend developer/operator to design and develop innovative educational technology and platforms (EdTech) applications for students and teachers
- developing his/her own area of specialty such as artificial intelligence (AI), data analytics, skill training design, and etc.
Applicants with more experience or qualifications may be considered for appointment as IT Officer. Those who have responded to the previous advertisement (Ref: 508371) need not re-apply.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online applications for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. including the portfolios or links of the websites/digital related tasks developed by the applicant. Review of applications will commence as soon as possible and continue until October 31, 2021, or until the posts are filled, whichever is earlier.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and
is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency