Start main Content

Career Opportunities

Job Search

e.g. Professor

Refine Search

Work type



Research Assistant I/II

The University of Hong Kong

Apply now Ref.: 508656
Work type: Full-time
Department: Department of Social Work and Social Administration (30300)
Categories: Research Support Staff
Hong Kong

Research Assistant I/II in the Department of Social Work and Social Administration (Ref.: 508656) (to commence as soon as possible for one year, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability)

Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Psychology, Social Sciences or other related disciplines, with one to two years of post-qualification experience.  They should have proficiency in written and spoken English and Chinese (including Cantonese); skills in analytical evaluation and generation of practical solutions; and the ability to work independently and as a team player.  Those with post-qualification work experience in social sciences research projects and knowledge in data analysis are preferred.

The appointee will assist the Principal Investigator in implementing a research project on social entrepreneurship and people with disabilities; be responsible for data collection and analysis, preparing presentations, and drafting reports; and perform any other duties as assigned.  They will have ample opportunities to work with research professionals, social workers as well as stakeholders in the local community.  

A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.

The University only accepts online applications for the above post.  Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date CV, a covering letter stating their research background and the contact information of two referees.  Inquiries should be sent to Dr. Cheryl Chui (e-mail:  Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until November 30, 2021, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.


Applications close:

Back to search results Apply now

Share this:

| More