IT Technician (Data Centre) in the Information Technology Services (Ref.: 509148) (to commence as soon as possible, on a two-year fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
Applicants should possess 5 passes in HKCEE including English (min. Grade C if Syllabus A/Level 2 from 2007), Chinese (Level 2 from 2007) and Mathematics, OR min. Level 2 or equivalent in 5 subjects in HKDSEE including English Language, Chinese Language and Mathematics; and at least 2 years’ relevant experience in data centre and enterprise IT systems/network infrastructure operations. They should have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; good communication, analytical and problem-solving skills; proven ability to execute multiple operational jobs independently and in a team environment according to prescribed guidelines; and some of the following experiences/knowledge:
- operational work experience in Linux, MS Windows Server, and SAN based disk/tape backup/recovery;
- basic knowledge of IP network;
- experience in network equipment configuration and installation, preferably in Cisco/H3C/Huawei products; and
- basic knowledge of UPS, cooling, electricity supply distribution and protection, fire and other physical/environmental risk protection for IT closets and data centres.
- knowledge of MS Teams, RPA, and scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, etc.) for automation (preferred as our developing areas).
The appointee will be responsible for monitoring the operations of central IT systems and campus network to ensure safe operation and provision of normal services; carrying out production jobs, data backup/recovery and other scheduled operational tasks; performing system performance reporting, equipment life-cycle and inventory management; coordinating the installations of equipment/systems; and answering users’ enquiries.
The appointee will be required to work on shifts on a permanent basis, including nights, weekends and public holidays.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until February 28, 2022, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.