IT Officer and IT Technician (Learning Environment Services) (two posts) in the Information Technology Services (ITS) (Ref.: 511361) (to commence as soon as possible, on a two-year fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
Applicants should possess a Bachelor's degree or a diploma in Information Technology (IT), Engineering, Multi-Media or a related discipline. They should have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; and good communication, customer service, analytical and problem-solving skills. They should also have good knowledge of and relevant experience in at least two of the following areas.
- classroom services support including audio-video equipment (hands-on experience in the operation of projection system and audio system are preferred)
- video conference equipment and software management and support (experience with Microsoft Teams and Zoom and knowledge of different end-point devices are preferred)
- deskside configuration, management and support
- PC laboratory management and PC software remote installation and update
- network trouble-shooting
- power platform development for office productivity improvement
- AV system configuration and resolving technical problems at construction site
- testing and commissioning of Audio-Visual system
Those with certification in ITIL, CTS, PRINCE2, Extron, QSC, Crestron, etc. and relevant experience in project management, or experience working in Audio-Visual industry are preferred. Applicants with lower qualifications and/or less experience may be considered for appointment as IT Technician.
The appointees will perform duties across an extended working day (8 am to 8 pm) according to a roster. They will be required to work evening shifts, during weekends and on public holidays occasionally, working primarily on classroom services support, deskside support services, network trouble-shooting, and perform other duties as assigned.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above posts. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until January 31, 2022, or until the post are filled, whichever is earlier.