IT Manager in data technologies in the Information Technology Services (ITS) (Ref.: 519243) (to commence as soon as possible, on a two or three-year fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with at least 5 years’ relevant experience. They should have excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills; a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; good knowledge of IT services and applications; and good organizational and interpersonal skills. They should be self-motivated, attentive to details, and multi-task oriented. Applicants who possess certification in ITIL and PRINCE2 are preferred.
Knowledge, skills and successful track record in the following areas are essential:
- strong experience in database administration (e.g. Oracle, SQL server, IBM DB2), including but not limited to:
- install, maintain, upgrade database platforms
- performance and SQL tuning
- diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
- perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards for senior management
- experience in data lake and data analytics, including but not limited to:
- support data analytics platform with Elastic Stack software
- support Data Lake using Microsoft Azure Data Analytics (Synapse) Platform
- develop predictive and prescriptive models through programming in R or Python
- data collection and massaging, covering structured and unstructured data
- design data integration, retention requirements and framework
Experiences in the following technologies are advantages:
- RPA (Robotic Process Automation) technologies to automate repetitive tasks
- Microsoft Graph API and Microsoft Teams App development
- Mobile payment methods, e.g. AlipayHK, Alipay, Octopus Wallet, Apple Pay and Google Pay
- JETCO payment gateway
The appointee will support the database systems, data lake and data analytics projects to meet users’ needs and business requirements; provide emergency support when needed; collaborate with developers on data integration; keep up with the emerging database technologies and industry best practices; recommend and enforce database policies, procedures and standards to ensure data security, privacy and integrity; develop and support alert systems to send system alert notifications; provide application support; and perform other duties as assigned.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until April 24, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.