IT Officer for Strategy, Governance & Architecture (SGA) Team in the Information Technology Services (ITS) (Ref: 522815)
ITS provides central IT services to support the University’s teaching, learning, research and administrative activities. ITS is transforming its organization to support its new strategic development and strategic adoption of new technologies. We are seeking high calibre candidates to support different IT services and new development. Information about ITS can be obtained at https://www.its.hku.hk/.
The appointee will be a highly motivated and knowledgeable technical officer, and interested in joining a dynamic team. The appointee will play a pivotal role in driving the adoption and effective utilization of technology within the University. He / she will serve as a bridge between IT and other faculties, departments, and administrative offices advocating for the strategic integration of technology solutions to enhance operational efficiency and achieve business objectives.
Qualifications and Qualities
Applicants should have a good Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or a related discipline with 2-3 years of relevant experience, preferably in tertiary education. They should have an excellent command of English and Chinese (including Putonghua), robust organization and communication skills, and strong knowledge of technology trends, best practices, and emerging technologies. They should be able to multi-task and work in teams, and also able to work independently and be attentive to details. Good knowledge of and relevant experience in SOME of the following areas will be an advantage:
- Plan, introduce, customize, and support development projects for the complete Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI & Power Virtual Agent);
- Performs as a specialist using Power Platform technologies including Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI, Azure, SharePoint and Dataverse;
- Utilize best practices in managing the administration and security of the Power Platform;
- Work with creators when there are functional issues and debugging their apps/flows/reports;
- Contribute to development and maintenance of documentation, standards, training materials and other artefacts within the technology stacks they participate in;
- Participate in technical design sessions; develop detailed technical solution documentation that is aligned with objectives;
- Identify and evaluate of emerging technologies, providing insights on their potential impact and benefits to the organization;
- Experience in being technology evangelist, promoting the value and benefits of technology solutions to various departments;
- Ability to translate business needs into technology requirements and vice versa;
- Analytical mindset with problem-solving skills.
What We Offer
The appointment will be made on fixed-term full-time contract for 2 years and commence as soon as possible with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, together with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme at 10% of basic salary. Other benefits include annual leave and medical benefits
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date CV. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until February 28, 2024, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.