IT Officer/IT Technician for the Systems Team in the Information Technology Services (ITS) (Ref.: 523072)
ITS provides central IT services to support the University’s teaching, learning, research and administrative activities. ITS is transforming its organization to support its new strategic development and strategic adoption of new technologies. We are seeking high caliber candidates to support different IT services and new development. Information about ITS can be obtained at https://www.its.hku.hk/.
The appointee will be expected to:
- develop and maintain the central IT infrastructure, especially Microsoft related systems, servers, storage, Exchange Server, Sharepoint Server, Microsoft 365, Power Platform, Cloud and middleware to provide support to University applications and services;
- liaise with and manage systems vendors/suppliers on major services; enhancement or new services to address users’ needs and support the system platforms of business applications with close liaison with application teams/owners;
- take ownership of system services to ensure smooth transition in service delivery and operations;
- provide support to Service Desk on systems and related services; and perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Qualities
Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related discipline with at least 2 years’ relevant experience. They should have excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills; a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; good knowledge of IT services and applications; and good organizational and interpersonal skills. They should be self-motivated, attentive to details, and multi-task oriented.
Applicants should have relevant experiences in at least two of the following areas:
- administering Windows Server OS, application server/infrastructure & maintaining network, system and application infrastructure and security;
- administering Microsoft 365, administration of Exchange, SharePoint and Azure Information Protection in hybrid mode of both on-premises and cloud-based;
- administering Microsoft Teams and support of Power Platform;
- automating daily system management tasks through scripting or using tools; and knowledge of security and monitoring tools, such as Microsoft Sentinel, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, or knowledge of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), including VMware Horizon or Azure virtual desktop, would be an advantage.
Applicants with lower qualifications and/or less experience may be considered for appointment as IT Technician.
What We Offer
The appointment will be made on fixed-term full-time contract for 2 years and commence as soon as possible with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, together with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme at 10% of basic salary. Other benefits include annual leave and medical benefits.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date CV. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until October 13, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.