Research Officer in the Department of Medicine, School of Clinical Medicine (Ref.: 523138)
We now invite applications for the captioned post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- join an active team of researchers in the development of bioinformatics and healthcare big data analysis and integrative mechanistic studies in a collaborative environment
- support clinical researchers from different specialty on bioinformatics data analysis
- select proper bioinformatics study design to identify genetic and cytome biomarker for various diseases
- perform data analysis and data visualization in genomics, proteomics, cytomics, and next-generation sequencing
- perform other duties as assigned
- a Ph.D. degree with strong research background in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Biochemistry, Genomic Immunology, Artificial Intelligence or related disciplines
- demonstrated track record of publishing academic research papers
- research experience in the field of computational biology, machine learning through advanced programming (Matlab, Python or R)
- high level of expertise in analysis of large and complex datasets
- good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese preferred)
- strong communication skills
- self-motivation with a hardworking attitude
- ability to work well in an interdisciplinary team
- working experience in AI based bioinformatics is preferred
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a 2-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. The appointment on fixed terms will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme at 15% of basic salary. Housing benefits will be provided as applicable. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post(s). Applicants should apply online at the University’s Careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start from October 4, 2023 and continue until December 10, 2023, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and
is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency