Post-doctoral Fellow (2 posts) in the Department of Geography (Ref.: 523299)
We now invite applications for the captioned post(s).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on project(s) related to remote sensing
- Collaborate with a strong research group, including Research Assistant Professors, Postdoctoral Fellows, and graduate students
- Supervise junior research staff and students
- Assist in administrative, operational, and other duties as assigned
- A Ph.D. degree or equivalent in geography, environmental sciences, artificial intelligence, computer science, or a related discipline
- Knowledge and practical experience in remote sensing
- Computer programming skills and knowledge of machine learning methods
- A strong track record of high-quality research as indicated by publications
- Good interpersonal, communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- The ability to work independently and in a team
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible for 3 years, with the possibility of further extension. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits, and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries. Information about the Department can be obtained at https://www.geog.hku.hk.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online applications for the above post(s). Applicants should apply online at the University’s Careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk) and upload an up-to-date C.V. and the contact information of three references. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until December 31, 2023, or until the post(s) is/are filled, whichever is earlier.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and
is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity, and transparency