Research Assistant Professor in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics in the Department of Physics
Work type: Full-time
Department: Department of Physics (25600)
Categories: Senior Research Staff & Post-doctoral Fellow
Research Assistant Professor (RAP) in Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics in the Department of Physics (Ref.: 523844)
We now invite applications for the captioned post available in Prof. Wang YAO’s group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work on projects related to 2D quantum materials and twistronics
- Driving research activities towards defined goals in specified timeline
- Drafting reports and presentations relevant to the projects
- Liaising with project collaborators and partners
- a Ph.D. degree in physics, and adequate postdoc working experience;
- strong theoretical/computational background in one or more of the following areas: twistronics & moire superlattice physics, topological physics, quantum many-body physics, light-matter interaction;
- good interpersonal, communication, organizational and problem-solving skills
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a temporary basis for 2 years, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online at the University’s Careers site (https://jobs.hku.hk
) and upload an up-to-date C.V. They should also arrange 3 referees to send reference letters to Prof. Wang YAO by email (email@example.com) directly. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until May 10, 2024, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and
is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency
Back to search results Apply now