Post-doctoral Fellow in the Department of Medicine, School of Clinical Medicine (several posts) (Ref.: 523845)
We now invite applications for the captioned post.
Duties and Responsibilities
- work for the Division of Cardiology of Department of Medicine, School of Clinical Medicine in collaboration with the Centre for Regenerative Medicine and Health (HKSTP)
- contribute to ongoing research projects on the application of gene-editing and other strategies for developing new therapeutic approaches against cardiovascular disorders and other inherited diseases
- perform other duties as assigned
- a Ph.D. degree or equivalent in Biological Science or a related discipline
- highly motivated and have strong backgrounds in stem cell and molecular biology, with particular focus on the gene-editing system
- proven experience in relevant techniques (e.g. CAS9/CRISPR, Patch clamp analysis, ion-optic based calcium analysis, animal surgery) will be preferred
Enquiries about the duties of the post should be sent to to Dr. K.M. Ng at email@example.com
What We Offer
The appointment will commence as soon as possible on a temporary basis for 1 to 3 years, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance and funding availability. A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits and free access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply
The University only accepts online application for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Contact details for 2-3 referees must be provided in the online application form. Review of applications will start from December 5, 2023 and continue until January 20, 2024, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
The University is an equal opportunities employer and
is committed to equality, ethics, inclusivity, diversity and transparency