Project Manager / Assistant Project Manager (at the rank of Senior Research Assistant / Research Assistant I)
Work type: Full-time
Department: School of Public Health (22400)
Categories: Research Staff
Applications are invited for appointment as Project Manager/Assistant Project Manager (at the rank of Senior Research Assistant/Research Assistant I) in the School of Public Health (Ref.: 523853), to commence as soon as possible on a two-year fixed-term basis, with the possibility of renewal subject to satisfactory performance.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide a wide range of administrative support for multiple research and development (R&D) projects
- Optimize the utilization of budgetary resources for research projects
- Oversee all aspects of the event planning process, from budget planning, vendor coordination, registration management, logistics and accommodation arrangements and report compilation, etc.
- Assist the management and operations of online courses, e.g., Massive Open Online Courseware (MOOC) on edX and Coursera
- Support the preparation of reports and presentation materials for different stakeholders
- Working off-campus may be required
- A Bachelor’s degree or above
- At least three years’ relevant administrative experience, preferably gained in the academic setting
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies and technical concepts
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Effective communication of written and spoken English and Chinese (including Cantonese and Putonghua) and interpersonal skills to collaborate with diverse teams
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, project management software, and other relevant tools
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing project requirements
- Candidates with less experience may be considered for appointment as Assistant Project Manager (at the rank of Research Assistant I)
Enquiries about the duties of the post should be sent to Dr. Horace Choi at email@example.com. Information about the School can be obtained at http://sph.hku.hk.
What We Offer:
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered. The appointment will attract a contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme totalling up to 10% of basic salary. Other benefits include annual leave, medical benefits, and access to on-campus gyms and libraries.
How to Apply:
The University only accepts online applications for the above post. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date CV. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until January 31, 2024, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
Back to search results Apply now