Presidential Post-doctoral Fellowship
The University of Hong Kong
The University of Hong Kong (HKU) launched the Presidential Post-doctoral Fellowship (HKU-PPF) in 2019 with the objective of hosting the world’s finest post-doctoral talents to undertake frontier research at HKU. They will receive an attractive stipend with additional accommodation, research and conference grants as well as other appointment benefits. The fellows will have the opportunity to live in a vibrant city, work at a leading global university, and conduct research in an environment that drives for excellence and impact. This scheme is for aspirational talents of the highest calibre.
Applicants must have demonstrated outstanding intellectual quality and have original and innovative ideas to tackle complex and emerging problems, the courage to open new research frontiers, and the ambition to be a global leader in academia, research or related pursuits. Typical candidates will be fresh PhD graduates of leading global universities with highest distinction and awards, although outstanding postdoctoral candidates within two years of graduation from a PhD programme may also be considered. Applications are invited year-round but should be submitted at least six months before the proposed appointment start date.
Remuneration, Terms & Benefits
- Up to three-year appointment term;
- Annual salary of at least HK$621,600* (~US$80,000) (including an accommodation subsidy, subject to terms and conditions), and the following employment/annual benefits:
- Research grant of HK$50,000 (~US$6,400);
- Conference support of HK$16,500 (~US$2,100); and
- Annual leave, medical benefits and access to a range of campus facilities.
Each successful fellow will join a research team of his/her choice, subject to approval. It is possible to change supervisors/advisors (once) to gain different experiences within the first six months of appointment.
* The final salary may vary depending on a general pay adjustment, if any.
Interested applicants should apply online and upload the following documents:
- cover letter of max two pages including the proposed Faculty/Department and preferred supervisor/advisor;
- curriculum vitae with full publication list;
- official PhD certificate and transcript (if available);
- succinct research proposal of max five A4 pages; and
- list of top three publications plus a brief synopsis.
Shortlisted applicants will be requested to arrange for at least three references, including one from their PhD supervisor/advisor.
All enquiries can be directed to presidentialPDF@hku.hk.