IT Technician (Learning Environment Services) in the Information Technology Services (ITS) (Ref.: 519325) (to commence as soon as possible, on a two-year fixed-term basis with contract-end gratuity and University contribution to a retirement benefits scheme, totalling up to 10% of basic salary, with the possibility of renewal)
Applicants should possess a Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Information Technology (IT), Engineering, Multi-Media, Theatre and Entertainment Arts or related disciplines; with at least 3 years’ relevant post-qualification experiences in audio-visual fields. They should have a good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; and strong communication, customer service, analytical and problem-solving skills. They should also have good knowledge and relevant experiences in the following areas.
- technical experience in audio-visual support on performance venues or studio with demonstrable experiences in live and post-production support for live performance, conferences and hybrid events etc.
- hands-on experiences in supporting computer-based audio-visual solutions including webcasting, video streaming, and video conferencing etc.
- hands-on experiences in the setup and operation of digital audio console, lighting control console, camera and live switcher, DSP and professional loudspeaker management system, LED Wall system etc.
- familiarity with live streaming and video conference solutions, and software management (experience with Microsoft Teams, Zoom and knowledge of different end-point devices is preferred)
- familiarity with Auto-CAD, Photoshop, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Adobe Media Encoder, Illustrator, Final Cut Pro, Pro Tools, as well as the latest multimedia technologies such as Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Hologram and 360° video
- demonstrable storytelling ability, and ability to meet multiple coinciding deadlines, manage and support production workflows, develop video style guide and branding standard
- AV system configuration and ability to resolve technical problems in construction site
- testing and commissioning of Audio-Visual systems
- classroom services and hotline support including audio-video equipment (hands-on experience in the operation of projection system and audio system are preferred)
- virtual teaching and learning support
- PC (including Virtual PC) configuration, management and support
- Be self-motivated and good team player
- preferably with certification of ITIL, CTS and relevant experience in project management
- experience in audio-visual industry will be an advantage.
The appointees will carry out duties primarily on performance venues, teaching and learning spaces, digital literacy labs and perform other duties as assigned. He/She will be required to work evening shifts, during weekends and on public holidays occasionally.
A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered, in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
The University only accepts online application for the above posts. Applicants should apply online and upload an up-to-date C.V. Review of applications will start as soon as possible and continue until April 30, 2023, or until the posts are filled, whichever is earlier.